this is ineffably sad. if she were in the wild, this PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.
Once upon a time, there was Fafá.
A brave lioness, wild by nature, strong and imposing, Fafá was born and raised in the Brasilia Zoo, and she was undoubtedly one of its biggest attractions.
The star’s last show, however, was a most unusual scene, inside a CAT scanner. Fafá, nearly 18 years old, had stopped eating, had bleeding nostrils, and suffered seizures, and everyone who cared for her at the zoo became concerned.
A complex plan was orchestrated by the zoo to take the lioness to a veterinary clinic. After a heavy dose of sedatives, she was moved from her cage to a litter and transported to the clinic.
There were three harrowing hours of scans in the middle of which Fafá suffered cardiac arrest. They scanned her head, thorax and abdomen, and did a rhinoscopy.
- alexavra likes this
- luvst0ned likes this
- iferlee likes this
- skepticalchymist likes this
- trmvphoto likes this
- cats-of-instagram likes this
- cigarettesandaquietmind reblogged this from reuters
- cigarettesandaquietmind likes this
- toropiski reblogged this from reuters
- ucsdhealthsciences likes this
- ichigopocky reblogged this from reuters
- echo-m likes this
- houseoforange said:Awww. =(
- thingsyoufind likes this
- skylovestoeat reblogged this from reuters and added:
- happyseabear likes this
- biglove004 likes this
- chefbecker likes this
- alooroti likes this
- reuters posted this